To start off, let's see what's happened since I last posted:
- I turned seventeen. I also got everything I wanted for my birthday. Which is ridiculously awesome.
- I moved to La Crescenta.
- I turned my TARDIS door into a TARDIS desk (and it makes me really happy to do my schoolwork at it).
- I got back into writing original things, which is fantastic...we may be seeing the beginning of the end for my fanfiction days (finally)...
- I bought Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on DVD (all sixty-four episodes...it was totally worth it).
- Speaking of, I've recently fallen into the world of anime. Help.
- I went on two summer trips this summer, one week-long one with my church youth group, and then two days later (no kidding) I went to YWAM LA to staff Infusion 2012 for three weeks. I was gone literally the entire month of July and then slept my way through August afterward.
- I started my senior year of high school. If my anxiety made a sound, it would probably sound like a sick monkey screeching. Or something.
- I got 850 followers on Tumblr. Which is completely irrelevant and overall unimportant, but exciting all the same. Yay, there are other nerds who like all the same things I do!
- The Ponds left Doctor Who. I'm still crying about it.
- I started Pre-Calculus even though I don't need any more math credits to finish high school...which is a very good thing. I ended up dropping it for first semester Economics. Relief is a wondrous feeling.
- I started taking French this year, too. Surprisingly enough, though, I know more Japanese from watching anime than I do French from actually taking the language course. This might be the only reason my mom lets me watch as much anime as I do.
- I got a ukulele and started playing. Since I've already been playing guitar for going on seven years, it was really easy for me to pick up. He has a rosewood fretboard and his name is Tyler, after Rose Tyler from Doctor Who. (Sometimes I think I'm hilarious.) He is my favorite thing in maybe the whole world.
- I handmade my first costume for Halloween this year. Me, my brother Matthew, and my cousin Brianna all dressed as genderbent Bolin, Korra, and Mako from the Legend of Korra. Here's a picture:

- Yeah. I know. We look awesome. We won an award for Best Group Costume at the Halloween Party we were at!
- And lastly, I got my permit and started driving, which is weirder for me than it is for my parents, I think. I'm taking my driving test sometime in the next two months, hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment