Lookin For Something?

Friday, July 8, 2011

in which Mel's fangirl dreams come true

-nerd alert-

Hello there! It's been a long time, hasn't it? But I've been kind of busy, and nothing has really happened to me lately that seemed even remotely blog post worthy.

So today, as I was sitting here, with my iPad in my lap and nothing else to do, I remembered: Wait! That's right! Something exciting did happen to me recently! And thus, this post was born.

My best friend Dani's older sister, Kyle, went to the Glee live concert last year, and this year Dani and I got it into our heads that we wanted to go.

So we both saved up our money and were able to buy nosebleed seats for their show on May 28th at the Staples Center. Kyle paid for a ticket too, and she tagged along, as well as our good friend Maddy.

And because Dani and I are both crazy, we bought sweatshirts too, which we had actually planned to do from the very beginning. Between the hoodie and the ticket, I paid somewhere around $150 total. A little more than that, actually. It just shows how dedicated we are to this show. Or how insane we are for spending that much money on it.

In any case, we found our seats, and the show was absolutely AMAZING. In spite of being so high up, we actually had an awesome view, and I know that at least I was happy with our spots. 

But for me, the highlight of my night wasn't even really the show itself, no matter how fantastic it was. It was actually before the show even started. I had better give you some back-story first, though.

There was an episode of Glee that aired about a month and a half ago titled "Born This Way". And yes, before you ask, it was themed around that Lady Gaga song with the same name. The whole theme of the episode was that you should love all parts of yourself, even the parts that you don't necessarily like and can't change, because you were born that way, and you should be proud of it.

At the end of the episode, they performed the Lady Gaga song, with everybody wearing a plain white t-shirt with large black lettering stating that one thing that they don't like about themselves but can't change, because they were born that way. A few examples were "Brown Eyes" and "I'm With Stoopid".

So about a month before the concert, I and all the girls I was going with bought the Born This Way t-shirts that our favorite characters wore and wore them to the show. Mine said "Four Eyes," Dani's said "Can't Dance," Kyle's said "Likes Boys," and Maddy's said "Trouty Mouth".

Now back to my original story. So we're at the concert, about an hour before the show is going to start. We've found our seats, and we're making our way down the aisle to the spot when I hear someone yell, "Ohmigosh! Four Eyes! Hey, Trouty Mouth!"

We turned around and saw these girls waving at us and laughing. They told us that they thought our t-shirts were cool. 

Then they asked if they could take a picture with us. I felt like a celebrity or something, haha.

So now my face (as well as Dani's, Kyle's, and Maddy's) is in the cameras of three random Canadian teenage girls.

It was a good night.

Gleek forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment