Ahem. this post will be rather sporadic and random-y.
And I'm back to writing with proper capitalization.
Ye be warned.
--
So this week, I rearranged some of the furniture in my room. Nothing much has come out of it, except for a little bit more space and a small cove in one corner of my room that I've fondly deemed "The Nerd Corner".
Look at it! It's rather cozy, in my opinion. My chair is nestled into the small space between my desk and my bed, and it feels very comfortable in the tiny amount of room.
Leaning up against my bed is my guitar (which is inside the brown case behind the black guitar). The one in the front of the picture is actually my uncle's. I have it on loan from him, currently. I've been spending a lot of time playing guitar, lately, and I've learned a ridiculous amount of chords and improved in my skills a ton. It's great! And sort of a de-stresser for me. After I finish school I sit with my legs propped up on my desk, my guitar in my lap, and just play for a half-hour or so to unwind.
My bulletin board!! This thing is "me" in bits and pieces of paper and jewelry and other little trinkets. I'm so proud of it; it's insane. The string of words running along the border was a Christmas gift from my lovely friend Bethy. You can also see my Fortress name tag from when I was in Power Pack; a picture of the city of London at nighttime; a Star Wars tag from one of my many Star Wars t-shirts; a cut-out of Sora from the video game Kingdom Hearts; a mini blue license plate with my name on it; a verse on a yellow notecard; movie ticket stubs from Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, I Am Number Four, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. I; a black and white photo of my and my best friend Emileigh's feet; a paper with all of the symbols from Avatar: The Last Airbender on it; a pretty blue ribbon tied into a bow; a purple piece of construction paper with the name of my fictional love on it; lyrics from the song "Winter Song" by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson on a pink notecard; a cut-out of Puck and Artie from Glee; a Volcom stone pin; and a half of a collage I made with some friends at Fall Retreat 2010. Oh, and all my necklaces. Or quite nearly all of them.
I love pictures. I have them all over my room, but the majority of them I have placed in The Nerd Corner. The ones shown here are of me with my friends Emma and Emileigh; Dani and Cayla; and my life group leader Tiffany. The one on the wall in the blue frame is of me and Emileigh again.
/Toms flag in background FTW/
/hums the Doctor Who theme song
Rebel propaganda!!
I am far too obsessed with The Hunger Games.
I got this for four dollars at Ross. Isn't it so cool?! There are dials on the sides, so you can change the day of the week, the numbers, and the month. I love it so much!
At the beginning of every week, I get out seven different colored notecards and write quotes on each one, with the date at the top for every day of that week. Then each morning when I get up, I retrieve the one with the proper date on it and clip it to that thing-whatever-the-heck-it's-called on my desk. Today's quote is from Suzanne Collins' book Mockingjay.
"Boggs quickly examines my face, then scoops me up and jogs for the runway. Halfway there, I puke on his bullet-proof vest. It's hard to tell because he's short of breath, but I think he sighs."
/ignores the fact that the quote is from Hunger Games.
( Also, Jack Skellington and Zero snowglobe! :D )
It's an Easter egg shaped like a carrot!! I use it to hold all the push-pins for my bulletin board.
A painting my cousin Brianna convinced me to buy at the church fundraising yard sale last Summer.
More pictures! These wouldn't fit on my desk, so up on the wall they went! They're both of me and Emileigh. She's in the majority of the pictures in my room.
So, there you have it! The Nerd Corner. It's very "me".
I love it. I can't spend enough time in there!
No comments:
Post a Comment