Lookin For Something?

Friday, March 23, 2012

happy hunger games!

- nerd alert -

-So...what happens now?
-I guess we go home and try to forget.
-I don't want to forget.

I come to you this morning with sleepy eyes but a satisfied mind. I saw The Hunger Games at midnight last night, and the only thing I can think to say is JDFKALDASFKLDHF;KADSD.

This was my very first midnight premiere and I had no idea what to expect. But I can say that it was one of the most fun experiences I have ever had and I will definitely be going to see Catching Fire and Mockingjay at midnight as well. It's totally worth it.

I ended up dressing up in a not-really-dressing-up way (I'm not that obsessed yet); I put my hair in a braid and I pulled out my mockingjay pin for the special occasion.

Happy Hunger Games!!
Then we met up with my best friend, Dani, and her mom drove us to dinner before the movie. We saw the movie at a theater with reserved seating, so we didn't have to wait in line. WOO. After dinner, we were all feeling a little sleepy and decided that we needed coffee. We went to Starbucks and ended up telling the lady taking our order that our names were Peeta, Katniss, and Gale.

Picture is by Staci :) Dani is Gale, Brianna is Peeta, and I'm Katniss.
Finally, after we'd finished our coffee, we went into the theater. By this time it was about 11:00. They weren't letting people into the theater yet, so we ended up standing around for about a half hour. But then I ran into my boyfriend, so I wasn't too bored.

We're pretty cute, right?
Around 11:30 they announced that they were seating people in our theater, so we lined up and found our seats. As I've said before, I'd never been to a midnight premiere before, so I didn't what to expect. But I had no idea that people would be so friendly! There's just something about sitting in a theater late at night, waiting for something that you've been anticipating for over a year that bonds you. I had so much fun seeing other people's costumes and talking about what parts I was most excited for.

The movie started at 12:01 and again, the only word I can use to describe it isn't even a word at all.

I think my favorite part of the movie was the actors. I had doubted a couple of them, but after seeing the movie I can say that I think the casting was absolutely brilliant. I most loved Josh Hutcherson as Peeta; he was everything I imagined while reading the books and I loved loved loved it.

And Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. Holy crap, I wasn't expecting that. I had a feeling that she was going to be good, but I had no idea. None. She completely blew me away. Her performance was as close to perfect as it could have possibly been. Just phenomenal.

The movie moved so quickly; there was literally never a dull moment. The film was 2 hours and 22 minutes, but it didn't even feel like it was an hour. We left the theater and when I checked my phone, I could hardly believe that it was almost 3:00.

All I can say is that I could not be happier with how Lionsgate handled this movie. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly suggest you go see it! And if you have already seen it: go see it again! I know that I am.

Until next time :)

--Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment